Date:      Sun, 04 Oct 1998 11:10:51 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        markm@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Problems with Kerberos and /etc/auth.conf

> How about a "deKerberise" target in src/kerberosIV (or wherever)? I'm
> sure I can bang one into shape.

That would only help those who got into that position through builds,
there being a lot more who simply check everything in the "DES" menu
in sysinstall and don't have sources.  Besides, it seems like it would
be nifty to not _eliminate_ the Kerberos abilities so much as simply
disabling them on demand.  If su sees that kerberos authentication is
not enabled on the system, for example, it just treats it like an
implicit -K.  I have no problem with implementing an auth.conf parser
and the routines to query its state, if that would help. :)

- Jordan