Date:      Sun, 24 Sep 2000 13:00:15 -0400
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chimesnet.com>
To:        Ali Alaoui El Hassani <961BE653994@stud.alakhawayn.ma>
Cc:        "Vladimir Mencl, MK, susSED" <mencl@nenya.ms.mff.cuni.cz>, CrazZzy Slash <slash@krsu.edu.kg>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG, Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
Subject:   Re: Encryption over IP

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 03:24:52PM +0000, Ali Alaoui El Hassani wrote:
> Dear Sir,
> I need another protocol that does encryprtion over IP, As you know ssh
> does above TCP or UDP. So I am looking for a protocol other than ESP IN
> IPSEC that does encryprtion over IP

You just described what ESP is (encryption as a protocol over IP), so instead
of making cryptic references to what you think you need, why don't you tell
us what you're trying to do and why you feel that IPSEC (ESP/AH) isn't
sufficient for this. You'll get much further.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect, BOFH / Chimes, Inc.
                billf@chimesnet.com / billf@FreeBSD.org