Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 21:06:04 +0100 (CET)
From:      Nils Holland <nils@nightcastleproductions.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Reading out raw audio

Hi folks,
well, just a short question: Which software (if any) from the FreeBSD
ports collection is able to read out raw audio data from CDs using an IDE
CD-Rom drive? I saw that dagrab is able to create wave-files from CD audio
tracks, but I need raw audio files that I can burn onto CD using
burncd. Looking at the Makefile of cdd, I saw that it doesn't seem to work
with FreeBSD > 4.0., and I'm running 4.1.1-STABLE. So, what do I do now?

I noticed that there are probably a lot IDE-CD-Writing questions asked
here on this list, so I'm sorry that I'm asking my question here. But I
really couldn't find a solution to the problem myself yet - and I thought
someone would probably be able to give me a hint.

Greetings,
Nils