Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:56:14 +0100
From:      Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>
To:        Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc:        Andre Albsmeier <andre.albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: runsocks (Was Re: gpib driver - does anybody use it?)

On Fri, 12-Feb-1999 at 00:04:08 +1030, Kris Kennaway wrote:
> On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Andre Albsmeier wrote:
>
> > Hmm, just finished my 3.1 upgrade, compiled socks and runsocks seems
> > to work now. The only thing that doesn't work is compiling the telnet
> > included with socks5:
> >
> > cc -I. -I../../include -I./../../include -O -pipe -DANDRE -D__USE_FIXED_PROTOTYPES__  -DHAVE_SETUPTERM  -DSOCKS -DINCLUDE_PROTOTYPES -DKLUDGELINEMODE  -DSOCKS -DINCLUDE_PROTOTYPES -o telnet authenc.o commands.o main.o network.o ring.o sys_bsd.o telnet.o terminal.o tn3270.o utilities.o -L../../lib -lsocks5   -lcrypt   -lncurses -Llibtelnet -ltelnet
> > telnet.o: In function `gettermname':
> > telnet.o(.text+0x9f2): undefined reference to `ttytype'
> > *** Error code 1 (continuing)
> > `all' not remade because of errors.
> >
> > But this doesn't bother me because always I runsocks the FreeBSD telnet.
>
> Yeah, this doesn't comple for some reason as of about 1.0r4. The port just
> doesn't bother trying to install it - no-one's cared enough to look at why
> it's broken and how to fix it.

It works with 2.2.x. The problem has something to do with ncurses. In
2.2.x the termcap lib is found by configure. In 3.x, the ncurses is
used, IIRC. With the termcap lib, ttytpe can be resolved; with
ncurses not.

BTW, runsocks works really. I think it was to late at night when I tried
it the first time. Don't know what I did wrong ...

	-Andre