Date:      Mon, 20 Aug 2001 07:51:52 -0700
From:      "Aaron" <click46@webpimps.net>
To:        "Joachim =?iso-8859-1?Q?Str=F6mbergson?=" <watchman@ludd.luth.se>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bye bye dear SMP-system

Joachim Strömbergson,

   I too own an Abit BP6, only with two 433 celerons. I have had on three
random occasions 4.3-RELEASE spontaneously reboot. Only once was I
present when the system rebooted itself and the error message was quite
perplexing. This machine does not run X and, oddly enough, had nothing
but standard daemons running at the time.
   I still have yet to find the *exact* cause but a BIOS flash to the
latest non-beta version and removing an older 64Mb Pc100 Siemens quickly
ridded my machine of any SMP unstability (in both Win2K and FreeBSD).
   Being a long time BP6 user and overclocker, I've seen many stories
quite similar to yours. How long have you had the board? Has any trouble
like this happend before in any operating system? Any changes hardware
wise that might perhaps raise system temp? Lastly, what revision is your
BP6?

Regards,
- aaron

click46[wp] - AIM the click46 - ICQ 43450396
webpimps.net | bsdatwork.com | nerdserve.net
moderator - o/c cooling forum @ hardforum.com