Date:      Tue, 10 Jul 2001 08:29:54 -0500 (CDT)
From:      mhughes@logroad.bridge.com (Michael Hughes)
To:        mbermal@ucsd.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Olympus/Smart Media/USB Camera

Mark,
  I have an Olympus C-2100UZ and have used the USB port with 4.x.  I am
using photopc and a device drive from kawai@kunugi.rim.or.jp called udsc.
You can find it at http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-Oakland/4187/udsc/udsc-e.html
You will have to add your camera to the list of devices.  If you need help
let me know.

Mark V Bermal said in email to me:

> Hello,
>
> I am in the market for a digital camera, and some of the models I have
> looked at are from Olympus, which uses SmartMedia (not Compact Flash) as
> the memory and also USB is available. I searched the archives and found
> that a certain Sandisk Compact Flash reader works on FBSD using USB (as a
> umass device), but has anyone found a working reader (or one that more
> than likely will work) for reading SmartMedia cards? Alternatively, has
> anyone hooked up an Olympus camera through USB directly using the umass
> device? What is the filesystem on the cards?
>
> Thank You,
>
> Mark Bermal
>
> P.S. Please cc me a reply, I am not on the list.

Michael Hughes                         email:mhughes@bridge.com
Bridge Information Systems, Inc.   Pager pin:3142245953
St Louis MO                      Pager email:3142245953@airmessage.net