Date:      Wed, 16 May 2007 06:38:38 +1000
From:      Norberto Meijome <freebsd@meijome.net>
To:        Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com>
Cc:        FBSD-Q <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: libmap.conf

On Tue, 15 May 2007 14:14:52 +0300
Odhiambo Washington <wash@wananchi.com> wrote:

> Perhaps there is a way to map this using /etc/libmap.conf?

man libmap.conf:

[....]
EXAMPLES
     # /etc/libmap.conf
     #
     # candidate             mapping
     #
     libc_r.so.6             libpthread.so.2 # Everything that uses 'libc_r'
     libc_r.so               libpthread.so   # now uses 'libpthread'

     [/tmp/mplayer]          # Test version of mplayer uses libc_r
     libpthread.so.2         libc_r.so.6
     libpthread.so           libc_r.so

[....]
{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"He inherited some good instincts from his Quaker forebears, but by diligent hard work, he overcame them."
  James Reston (about Richard Nixon)