Date:      Thu, 09 Oct 2003 14:20:02 +0200
From:      Stefano Riva <sriva@gufi.org>
To:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   JBoss 3.2.1 problem

  Hi. I'm trying to run JBoss 3.2.1 on a FreeBSD 4.8-S (8th august, just
before PAE "wreckage") box with Diablo JDK 1.3.1, everything from ports
(tree just updated). I'm experiencing the same error reported in the
following message and others elsewhere:

  http://news.gw.com/freebsd.java/6036

  The only suggestion I found was to change ownership of some directories
within /usr/local/jboss3.2 to user www, which I did, but nothing changed.
I'm a total newbie on both Java and JBoss.
  I tried also 3.2.2RC4 by modifying the port but I got another error
(Mbean) which is discussed on Jboss.org's forums with no solutions. I don't
want, if at all possible, switch over to JDK 1.4.

  Hints, anyone?

--

  Stefano Riva (sriva@gufi.org)
  Gruppo Utenti FreeBSD Italia - http://www.gufi.org/