Date:      Wed, 02 May 2007 00:40:53 -0400
From:      Theorem <theorem21@gmail.com>
To:        Andy Greenwood <greenwood.andy@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: send error with perl and unix domain sockets

Andy Greenwood wrote:
> Sent this a while back and never got a response. Any ideas would be
> very appreciated!

Because it's too long, I don't know what you're asking and it's also perl/php,
not FreeBSD.

> I'm working on getting a script to work (see below). It is a perl
> daemon associated with a bittorent client that I am helping develop.
> The daemon uses unix domain sockets to commincate with the php pages.
> However, anytime a message is sent via php, the script dies with
>
> send: Cannot determine peer address at
> /usr/local/www/root/tf-b4rt/trunk/html/bin/fluxd/fluxd.pl line 1256
>
> I did some research and found a similar problem with OpenBSD's perl
> http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2007/02/msg121151.html

Yes, but aren't you having a problem with php ?

*SNIP*
>  the bug report above
> suggests that this was a problem for OpenBSD due to differences in
> struct sockaddr_un. Could that be a problem here as well?

try :  EFNet #perlhep   or freenode #perl or #perlhelp  Unfortunately I can't
find a decent perl mailing list for you.  Also look on line 1256.

But If you're really asking a php question try #php in either location.   Might
I suggest rewriting it in perl instead ?

*SNIP END*