Date:      Sun, 4 Feb 2001 16:11:23 +0100 (CET)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NCAR Graphics for FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE?

Dear Sirs,
I asked for that subject prior; I try to compile the newest 4.2.2-NCARG stuff
on a FreeBSD 4.2-STABLE SMP box, without success. It seems, that something
is unset and the creation of Makefiles terminates abnormaly.

I changed config/ymake to recognize FreeBSD, I corrected the setup paths
for 'cpp' and 'uname' and I changed a little obvious error when obtaining
the hostname ( there is a line

			set hostname = host$hostname
		I changed it to
			set hostname = $hostname ).
I inserted a kind of copy of the LINUX-recognition in ymake to set up
archtype etc.

After running ./Configure -v with success, I start 'make Everything' and
it runs through a bunch of directories and creates Makefiles. But it stops
at this point:
Making Makefiles in ./ngmath/man
Making Makefiles in ./ngmath/man/csagrid
Making Makefiles in ./ngmath/man/cssgrid
Making Makefiles in ./ngmath/man/natgrid
Making Makefiles in ./ngmath/man/dsgrid
Making Makefiles in ./ngmath/man/fitgrid
Making Makefiles in ./ngmath/man/shgrid
Making Makefiles in ./ncarview
Making Makefiles in ./ncarview/src
Making Makefiles in ./ncarview/src/lib
Making Makefiles in ./ncarview/src/lib/libcgm
Making Makefiles in ./ncarview/src/lib/libncarg_ras
Making Makefiles in ./ncarview/src/lib/libctrans
Making Makefiles in ./ncarview/src/lib/libictrans
In file included from ../../../../config/Template:837,
                 from :1:
ymake.tmp63463:45: unterminated character constant

Error in <ymake>: Interrupted in /usr/vol4/gnu/compile/system/ncarg-4.2.2/ncarview/src/lib/libictrans - restoring Makefile
cp: Makefile.bak: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/vol4/gnu/compile/system/ncarg-4.2.2/ncarview/src/lib.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/vol4/gnu/compile/system/ncarg-4.2.2/ncarview/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/vol4/gnu/compile/system/ncarg-4.2.2/ncarview.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/vol4/gnu/compile/system/ncarg-4.2.2.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/vol4/gnu/compile/system/ncarg-4.2.2.

ymake.tmp63463 has the following content at line 45 and following:

     41 #if defined(linux)
     42 lex.yy_linux.o: lex.yy_linux.c
     43 #else
     44 lex.yy.c: lex.l Makefile
     45         @echo '1a\' > sedscript
     46         @echo '#include "input.h"' >>  sedscript
     47         @echo 's/yylex/my_yylex/g' >>  sedscript
     48         @echo 's/getc/my_getc/g' >>  sedscript
     49         @echo 's/static void __yy__unused() { main(); }//g' >>  sedscript
     50         lex lex.l
     51         @$(MV) lex.yy.c lex.yy.c.sed
     52         @sed -f sedscript < lex.yy.c.sed > lex.yy.c
     53         @$(RM) lex.yy.c.sed sedscript
     54 #endif
     55
     56 lint: $(SRCS)
     57         lint $(CFLAGS) 1> lint.out 2>&1

Well, at this point I do not know what kind of error disturbs the
compilation process and I need a little bit help.

Thanks in advance,

Oliver

--
MfG
O. Hartmann

ohartman@mail.physik.uni-mainz.de
IT-Administration des Institut fuer Physik der Atmosphaere (IPA)
Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz
Becherweg 21
55099 Mainz

Tel: +496131/3924662 (Maschinensaal)