Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2004 07:56:46 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rostislav Krasny <rosti_bsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hushlogin attribute

--- Rostislav Krasny <rosti_bsd@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> The hushlogin attribute doesn't work when it is added to "me" record  of
> ~/.login_conf or to "default" record of /etc/login.conf. However, having
> ~/.hushlogin file does its job well. Is it a bug or am I missing
> something?
>
> > uname -a
> FreeBSD saturn 5.3-RELEASE-p2 FreeBSD 5.3-RELEASE-p2 #1: Fri Dec  3
> 13:57:01 IST 2004     root@saturn:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MYKERNEL  i386

If I run 'cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf' after the /etc/login.conf was changed
the hushlogin attribute works. But I can't find any way to make hushlogin
attribute work from the ~/.login_conf. Running 'cap_mkdb ~/.login_conf'
doesn't help. Is it possibly to make the hushlogin attribute work from
~/.login_conf file?

P.S. IMHO the login.conf(5) manual page should say something about the
/etc/login.conf.db file and its preferable usage by login(1).