Date:      Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:55:10 -0700
From:      Edwin Culp <eculp@MexComUSA.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Soren Schmidt <sos@freebsd.dk>
Subject:   Re: Newbus Woes

Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <E10anzf-0003qj-00@tardis.perspectives.net> Jerry Alexandratos writes:
> : So, are pccards basically useless until pccard folds into the newbus
> : scheme?
>
> Yes and no.  Soren has some patches that he posted to this list that
> help things.  However, SIO uses the newbus stuff, and there is no
> newbus stuff working right now for pccard, so it won't work.  zp works
> for me, and I've had ep working for me, but I get panics on card
> eject.
>
> I'm working on correcting the situation.
>
> Warner

This morning I had a problem bringing my laptop up and finally applied Soren's
patches manually, recompiled the kernel, yesterday noon sources, and my ne2000 (ed0)
clone no longer panics, it seems to work as well as ever.

I don't need my old kernel from the 22nd that now had ps errors, THANKS SOREN.  I
should have done this a week ago when you posted the patch and not procrastinate:-)

ed