Date:      Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:38:20 +0200
From:      "Karsten W. Rohrbach" <karsten@rohrbach.de>
To:        Jaye Mathisen <mrcpu@internetcds.com>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can't newfs big filesystem (twe/4.3-stable)

--ELVYuRnMxQ5nnKRy

Jaye Mathisen(mrcpu@internetcds.com)@2001.06.13 10:45:13 +0000:
[...]
> Frankly, I need a whopping about 10 files on this FS, but:

if you work with constant-size databases or rdbms with table on raw
device support you should consider circumventing the filesystem layer
and it's limitations it put on you and your software. this rather looks
like a bigger db setup to me, reading this from you sentence above ;-)

if you plan to use the filesystem anyway, you could newfs with matt's
values and double check that softupdates are turned on.

have fun
/k

--=20
> Black holes are where GOD is dividing by zero
KR433/KR11-RIPE -- WebMonster Community Founder -- nGENn GmbH Senior Techie
http://www.webmonster.de/ -- ftp://ftp.webmonster.de/ -- http://www.ngenn.n=
et/
karsten&rohrbach.de -- alpha&ngenn.net -- alpha&scene.org -- catch@spam.de
GnuPG 0x2964BF46 2001-03-15 42F9 9FFF 50D4 2F38 DBEE  DF22 3340 4F4E 2964 B=
F46

--ELVYuRnMxQ5nnKRy

--ELVYuRnMxQ5nnKRy--