Date:      Wed, 23 Jan 2002 22:16:20 +0100
From:      Roger Kaputtnik <bsd@encephalon.de>
To:        Francisco Borggia <Prabax@takas.lt>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: deadlock

Hi.

>          At the boot time of  my  recompiled kernel I  get this message:
>     "panic:processor features  not configured (FPU,DE,TSC,MSR ...)",
>      and it hangs.How can I  return to GENERIC kernel from here ? Or should
>      reinstall  everything  from  scratch? Help anybody,please.

At the 10 second countdown, press a key (except return).
Enter: "boot kernel.GENERIC"

In YOUR kernel configuration. You have choosen the wrong CPU.
If you have booted with the generic kernel, type "dmesg" and look what it says about your CPU (class 586 or 686 or what else...)

What kind of CPU is in your machine ?

hth.

Axel
--