Date:      Sat, 23 Nov 1996 02:40:35 -0800 (PST)
From:      brian@mediacity.com
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hayes ESP and interrupt-level buffer overflows

Doug White wrote:
> The ESP isn't able to keep up with 57600.  Try dropping to 38400.

Since the ESP has 1024 byte FIFOs with the RTS/CTS handshaking hardwired
to the FIFO levels rather than under the control of the CPU, and is
rated for 921600 operation it seems unlikely that the ESP is the problem.

Changing TTYHOG to 4096 in sys/sys/tty.h, and RS_IBUFSIZE to 1024 in
sys/i386/isa/sio.c cleaned the problem up for me.

--
Brian Litzinger					       Powered by FreeBSD
<brian@mediacity.com>                            http[s]://www.mpress.com