Date:      Tue, 4 Jun 1996 09:44:14 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        grog@lemis.de (Greg Lehey)
Cc:        fcurrent@jraynard.demon.co.uk, FreeBSD-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Vm fixes NG

> > On a related note, is there any way to stop X grabbing the Ctl-Alt
> > sequence and drop into DDB?
>
> We discussed this a while back while talking about ddb.  The problem
> is that it's almost impossible to find a way to set the display card
> back to text mode.

Not impossible, but it would require a rewrite of most of the
console code and better support for driver fallback (meaning that
the default console driver that needs to be there before the video
is probed should be in seperate, discardable segments -- COFF or
ELF required).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---