Date:      Thu, 6 Mar 1997 22:45:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas David Rivers <ponds!rivers@dg-rtp.dg.com>
To:        ponds!root.com!dg, ponds!freefall.cdrom.com!freebsd-hackers, ponds!uriah.heep.sax.de!joerg_wunsch, ponds!critter.dk.tfs.com!phk, ponds!lakes.water.net!rivers, ponds!lambert.org!terry, ponds!dyson.iquest.net!toor
Subject:   "dup alloc" test-system even closer.

Well - my last idea about simply having ifconfig and mount_nfs
on the floppy, and mounting everything else you might need
has paid off.

I now have everything but SERIAL_CONSOLE there.  That is,
I have this floppy that will boot up; start a shell,
configure the network, mount a directory that contains
everything needed.

The scenario I imagine is:

	telnet into my machine.
	start kermit to connect to reproducing machine
	ftp a new kernel over  (I had to build a non-shared library
		version of ftp; not at all difficult.)
	reboot the test machine and see what happens

This should provide the needed access to anyone interested in
debugging this beastie... (again, once serial console is "working.")

	- Dave Rivers -