Date:      Fri, 5 Jul 1996 10:52:24 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        Haytham Algyndy <haytham@s4.elec.uq.edu.au>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: magic port compilation problems

On Fri, 5 Jul 1996, Haytham Algyndy wrote:

> Hi
>
> Chuck, The port doesn't compile on my machine.
> Here's what I get
>
> haytham:/usr/ports/cad/magic <tcsh> make
> >> No checksum recorded for magic-6.4.4.tgz
> Checksums OK for files that have them.
> ===>  Extracting for magic-6.4.4
> ===>  magic-6.4.4 depends on executable: gmake - found
> ===>  Patching for magic-6.4.4
> ===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for magic-6.4.4
> patch: **** can't cd to /usr/ports/cad/magic/work/magic-6.4.4: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop.
> *** Error code 1
>
> The Makefile originally was looking for a tar.Z prefix,
> but I changed it to tgz, since this is the case for the tarball
> available.

I think the tarball you have isn't the magic source tarball, which is
what the port wants.  I'd suggest refetching the tarball, and putting the
Makefile back the way it was.  The tarball SHOULD be named as it was.

At a guess, you have the package tarball there, an entirely different thing.

9120 Edmonston Ct #302      |