Date:      Sat, 10 Apr 1999 15:05:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Advocacy Project web site

Hi,

On Sat, 10 Apr 1999, Jim Mock wrote:

> If you've got anything you'd like to contribute, please get in touch
> with either Rob or myself and we'll go from there.

I've got a few comments - in the image gallery, at least so far on the
"new daemon" page you are requiring the browser to scale the images for
the "thumbnails."  This is bad - the user still has to load the entire
90kB image instead of a smaller thumbnail.  Please make smaller versions
of the images to use as the thumbnails - both xv and gimp will do this
easily.  For example the daemon-doc (which by the way you have daemon
misspelled as "deamon" for all of the graphics names) image, scaled down
to 200x170 as you've done in the HTML changes size as follows:

hot-monkey: {2} ll deamon-doc*
-rw-rw-r--  1 brett  wheel  11576 Apr 10 14:56 deamon-doc-small.jpg
-rw-r--r--  1 brett  wheel  93090 Apr 10 14:54 deamon-doc.jpg

That's 9x (roughly) less data to transfer for the end user.  For all 5
images that's a BIG time savings over a modem.

You appear to have done this on EVERY page of images.  This really needs
to be changed or you're defeating the entire purpose of the thumbnail.

I'm also wondering what the "Super Advocates" link is for...

In the main text in paragraph 2 you have a mistake in the HTML for the
projects list.  The link should point to:

	http://www.freebsd.org/projects/#advocacy

not

	http://www.freebsd.org/projects/#advocacy/.

In the April 1999 "In the press" section there is a link to CNN as:

	http://www.cnn.com/

I'd remove this link and just have the pointer to the article at CNN as
you do.  I figured the "CNN" link would take me to the actual article.

That's about it for now.

One thing I would also suggest is going through each and every link and
making sure it points where you expect it to.  :-)

Other than the above things though it looks great.  Nice job.

Brett
Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu *
                        brett@daemonnews.org              *
							  *