Date:      Fri, 4 Dec 2009 12:37:38 -0500
From:      Sean Cavanaugh <millenia2000@hotmail.com>
To:        <freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Updating gnome

---------------------------------------
> From: stevan-tiefert@kabelmail.de
> To: freebsd-gnome@freebsd.org
> Date: Fri=2C 4 Dec 2009 16:16:05 +0100
> Subject: Updating gnome
>
> Hello list=2C
>
> why should I do 'portupgrade -a' to update gnome? Why 'portupgrade -R
> gnome2' is not right? I think it should be enough to update every port
> which the meta-port gnome2 is pointing=2C isn't it?
>
> With regards
> Stevan Tiefert

'portupgrade -a' will upgrade EVERY port you have installed on your compute=
r=2C whether its actually associated with gnome or not. this option may be =
an issue if you have a slow computer or an application that you do not want=
 updated. on the plus side=2C it will bring all your ports to latest versio=
n offered thru ports.
=20
its up to you how you want to proceed
=20