From:      Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        Walter Hafner <hafner@informatik.tu-muenchen.de>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netscape 4.61 (Linux) broken since adding linux_base-5.2

 > > w3proj2# /compat/linux/usr/bin/gdb /usr/local/Acrobat3/Reader/intellinux/bin/acroread acroread.core
 > > /compat/linux/usr/bin/gdb: error in loading shared libraries
 > > /usr/lib/libtermcap.so.2: undefined symbol: _DefaultRuneLocale
 >
 > But it does help! Here's the problem: Both gdb and acroread are Linux
 > binaries. Now explain to me why Linux binaries want a FreeBSD
 > libtermcap? :-)
 >
 > Make sure you don't have LD_LIBRARY_PATH messing things up.

*BONK*  <-- Banging head against desk!

Yes, that helped!

Both your hint _and_ me banging my head.

I remember setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH as a quick hack to evaluate the
jdk green threads. I never deleted it from my .cshrc ...

Thanks.

-Walter

--
Dr. Walter Hafner                         Tel: 089/289-28187
WWW-Beauftragter, TU Muenchen           Email: hafner@in.tum.de