Date:      Sat, 15 Aug 1998 22:16:44 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nick Hibma <nick.hibma@jrc.it>
To:        Dan Langille <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
Subject:   Re: large drives, old BIOS, IDE Controllers

Try to find an IDE adapter you can jumper for 'second controller'. They
exist, given the fact that I once had an IDE, ESDI and SCSI controller
in one box and booted of the ESDI (because it made such a lovely sound
when being used :-).

I've seen adapters that could be jumpered to use 0x17x instead if 0x1fx
(or the other way around), but were not able to be switched to IRQ 15
(or 14, again, have a look at the current settings for the active
controller). But that is nothing a good soldering iron can't solve.

Nick