Date:      Fri, 10 Nov 1995 10:53:15 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it (Luigi Rizzo)
Cc:        paul@netcraft.co.uk, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: samba

> > Anyone know why I can't get any clients authorised with samba,
> > I always get the following when I use smbclient and winfg clients give
> > invalid password errors too.
>
> After so many messages on this subject: what is SAMBA ?
>
> 	Luigi

samba provides LanManager services on a TCP/IP protocol stack
for UNIX. Thus you can make a FreeBSD system serve a group of Win3.11
(WfW), Win95 or Win/NT boxes as a file and print server. Additionally
you have client functionality, i.e. you can copy a file to a Windows box
provided the Windows box has exported the corresponding directory.

Regarding the password problems: I have none with 2.0.5-Release and
samba 1.9.13. What CFLAGS are you using?