Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 1996 23:22:35 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        FreeBSD hackers <hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   SCSI Scanner anybody?

I guess this is going to be a "You gotta be kidding me!" type question,
but does anybody know what would be involved in driving a SCSI scanner
(eg: something like an Epson GT-8500, HP Scanjet 3C, Sharp JX330 etc)

Or is this something that's doomed because of top-secret proprietary SCSI
commands to the likes of windoze/crapintosh/photo$hop etc?

Is programming information even likely to be available?  (The kind of
response I most often get when asking for that sort of info here locally
is: "You want what??")

Cheers,
-Peter