Date:      Sat, 07 Dec 1996 16:53:10 +0100
From:      Simon Lindgren <lindgren@istudio.no>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Magnetic Tape Q

I have a Seagate CTT8000 SCSI internal magtape unit, which I would
like to use to backup my FreeBSD 2.1.6 system.

I am also quite lost at figuring out how to mount it (do I need to?).
I can use the "mt" utility to query it, and make it go "buzz" and rewind
and such, but writing to it is far away. Disklabel, then newfs, then mount
is the procedure I am currently trying to find info on, but I'm also
uncertain this has anything to do with using tapes.

I would greatly appreciate an answer (or pointers to such).

Simon Lindgren             |  Webarkitekt/Produktsjef
lindgren@istudio.no        |  Internett Studio AS
http://www.sn.no/~lindgren |  http://www.istudio.no/