Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 15:16:09 -0700
From:      hal Lynch <hal@sticky.usu.edu>
To:        FreeBSDQuestions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   HELP: Hung console

System:  3.0 with the bouncing daemon screen saver

What I saw: The bouncing daemon was on the screen but was not bouncing.
            Not moving at all. Pushing keys including F1-F3 did nothing.
            Killing console all processes (ttyv0-2) did nothing.  Telnet
            sessions, wweb server, etc worked just fine.  Top reported
            ~98% idle time, no strangeness.  Except for the console
            everything seemed to be working fine.

What I did: Rebooted of course.  Some of my users consider a daytime reboot
            to be anti-social behavior.

What should I do: Short of rebooting what can I do when this happens again?

Thanks
hal