Date:      Tue, 1 Jul 2008 17:27:41 -0400
From:      "Jean-Paul Natola" <jnatola@familycareintl.org>
To:        "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Data recovery

Hi all,

I'm throwing this out to this list because our SNAP drive has a *nix =
kernel-
One of the folders mysteriously lost a large portion of its data today,

I immediately powered down the unit as to prevent further writing to the
disks (raid 5)-

Is there any tool or utlity you can recommend to try to get this data =
back?

If memory server  *nix does not erase the data , it merely marks as =
empty
space that can be written to , I think I remember that from school

Any and all help is GREATLY appreciated

thanks

jp