Date:      Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:45:57 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Building a Lab

  forwarded...

Date: Fri, 21 Feb 97 11:59 GMT
From: Computer Science University of Jaffna Sri Lanka <kanani@sri.lanka.net>
To: dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu

Dear Sir,

We have some IBM Compatible 80286 and 80386 SX Personel Computers in our
Computer Laboratory. Nowdays, we do not use these computers for any purpose.
As such I wish to connect these computers to "FreeBSD Server" by using
Ethernet Cards (NE 2000) to be used as "Intelligent Terminals".

For the server for FreeBSD, we use Dell 2100/180 File Server. Also that,
there are some IBM PS/Value Point Personel Computers (486 SX) could be used as
"Work Stations" (with Disk and without Disk) for the above server

Please advice me, how could I connect these Personel Computers to the
FreeBSD UNIX Server by using Ethernet Cards (NE 2000) with the following
configuration

(1) i286 & i386 SX as Intelligent Terminals

(2) i486 as "Work Stations" on the Net work (booting over the Net work)

I shall be thankful if you could help me in this regard

Thanking You

Yours Sincerely

K.S.Selvarajan