Date:      Sun, 10 Sep 2000 12:35:12 +1000 (EST)
From:      andrew@ugh.net.au
To:        Albert Fields <afieldsml@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pnp(4) no longer allowed by userconfig, pnp0 missing

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Albert Fields wrote:

> device.  When I added the entry 'device pnp0', config told me it couldn't
> find the device pnp.  So where has it gone?

From memory it is now built in...you no longer need to specify it in your
config file...but I can't find where that is documented.

> so can someone please advice what can be done to configure PnP devices from
> /boot/kernel.conf or by other means at boot?  Is there a substitute or other

Have you tried booting with -c and using the pnp command? I'm just
guessing here.

If it has been incorporated perhaps you could let freebsd-docs know as
there are references to controller pnp0 not just in the man page but the
FAQ and possibly elsewhere.

Andrew