Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:34:09 -0400
From:      Dave Rideout <drideout@quansoo.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Andrews FreeBSD installation

Andrew:
What you need to do is the following:

1) Prepare two blank formatted diskettes.
2) go to
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.3-STABLE/floppies/ and

download kern.flp and mfsroot.flp

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.3-STABLE/tools/
and use this utility from a dos session to make the two diskettes, or
for a unix prompt type in
dd if=kern.flp of=/dev/fd0a (the device name of your floppy drive, may
be different depending on the flavour of unix you are running).

4)  Boot up with the kern.flp and then it will ask for the mfsroot.flp.
Then a setup menu will come up and you
need to partition you hd, select the mount points, allthough freebsd can

do that automatically for you, by selecting "A" I believe.  Then you
need to select whether or not you need a boot manager.

5)  Select your distribution media, which I recommend all and also the
ports collection.  You will need the ports to install Apache 1.3.9.

6)  Select the ftp site and then you want to committ to the install.  It

will ask you if you are sure, select yes and then cross your fingers.

Hopefully this helps.

Sincerely,

Dave Rideout
I am now out of breath :)