Date:      Tue, 20 Mar 2001 09:57:08 +0100
From:      Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
To:        Saifuddin <sfdn@lapindo.co.id>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: system-full

On Tue, Mar 20, 2001 at 03:39:34PM +0700, Saifuddin wrote:
> Hello questions,
>       My system (FreeBSD 4.1) has root mail was full. I was to move
>       this file (mail) to other place, then I replaced with new one. I
>       also to change this new file with owned by root and wheel. But I
>       got the problem this file (new) was unable to write by the
>       system. What happens? Or how can I must to handle this full
>       system file?

If you're not reading your root-mail folder (which sometimes has
important information like the status of the system and so on),
you should forward it to an email address which is read by the
system administrator. Just add a "root: newmailaddress" in
/etc/aliases, do a "newaliases" and your root-mail file will stay
clean.

# Pretty much everything else in this file points to "root", so
# you would do well in either reading roots mailbox or forwarding
# roots email from here.

root:   edwin

Edwin
--