Date:      Sat, 9 Nov 1996 02:05:15 -0200 (EDT)
From:      Joao Carlos Mendes Luis <jonny@mailhost.coppe.ufrj.br>
To:        nickliu@uniqsite.com (Nick Liu)
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: MX Records?? Where?

#define quoting(Nick Liu)
//
// People told me if I want to allow users on my server to send/receive mail,
// I have to modify the MX record(s).
//
// Where is the MX record?  Is there an example some where?

It's an entry in the DNS configuration.  If you are running your
owm named, read the documentation.  If someone else runs, ask to
add the records.  It's something like this in your zone file:

$ORIGIN coppe.ufrj.br.

gaia			IN	A	146.164.63.4
mailhost		IN	MX  0	gaia
cisi			IN	A	146.164.63.3
			IN	MX  0	cisi
			IN	MX 10	gaia

Note also that this is not really necessary.  It just to make email
host aliases and mail spoolers.  In the configuration above, mailhost
is a host alias for gaia and gaia is also a mail spooler (exchanger)
for cisi.

HTH,

//
// Thanks.  Please cc me.