Date:      Mon, 13 Dec 1999 14:28:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
Cc:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Threads references.

Here are some of the references that were dug up;

CHORUS:

ftp://ftp.chorus.fr/pub/chorus-reports/

In particular..
ftp://ftp.chorus.fr/pub/chorus-reports/CS-TR-91-7.ps.Z
ftp://ftp.chorus.fr/pub/chorus-reports/CS-TR-89-37.ps.Z

MACH:

ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/project/mach/doc/published/Rcs.ps
ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/project/mach/doc/unpublished/sched.concur.ps
ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/project/mach/doc/unpublished/threads.ps
ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/project/mach/doc/published/cont_threads.ps
ftp://ftp.cs.cmu.edu/project/mach/doc/published/cmultithread.ps

DEC:

http://www.crl.research.digital.com/publications/techreports/techreports.html
http://www.digital.com/info/DTJF03/DTJF03SC.TXT
ftp://ftp.crl.research.digital.com/pub/dec/Alpha/alpha-osf1-call-std-v1_3.ps

Solaris:

http://www.sun.com/smcc/solaris-migration/docs/courses/threadsHTML/contents.html
http://suncom.bilkent.edu.tr/workshop/sig/threads/
http://suncom.bilkent.edu.tr/workshop/sig/threads/usenix.html

Various:

http://www.freebsd.org/~deischen/p95-anderson.pdf
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/getmsg.cgi?fetch=25000+30231+/usr/local/www/db/text/1999/freebsd-current/19990321.freebsd-current
http://lt.tar.com/

> > > During the proceedings, it became very clear that only a small number of
> > > attendees have taken the time to perform any substantial research on the
> > > topic.  None of the ideas being discussed are new; they've all been
> > > looked at many, many years ago.  If we're going to maintain our

> > We've already published a list of threading related papers on this mailing
> > list but I am sure we can do it again.

I'm going to add a repository for these to my page on freefall.

> Just posting the list isn't enough; we need a central repository that we
> can post this stuff on.

Julian