Date:      Thu, 14 Aug 2008 17:52:18 -0500
From:      eculp <eculp@encontacto.net>
To:        freebsd-emulation <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Re: wine and MS InternetExplorer

Quoting Volker <volker@vwsoft.com>:

> On 12/23/-58 20:59, eculp wrote:
>> Quoting Adrian Penisoara <ady@freebsd.ady.ro>:
>>
>>> Hi,

>>>  There is the IEs4Linux project which theoretically could be used also
>>> on FreeBSD -- see the link below, follow the installation instructions
>>> and let us know what results you get.
>>>
>>>     http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/
>>>
>>>   Apparently there is no FreeBSD port for this at this time, but if it
>>> works for you then I guess it would make a really good candidate
>>> (especially for enterprise/office environments)
>>
>> Thanks, Adrian.  I took a look at it yesterday but didn't have time to
>> install it.  I'm downloading it now. It will be interesting to see if it
>> is complete enough to work with the government's windows centric forms.
>> I will post results to the list asap
>>
>> Thanks again,
>>
>> ed
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Adrian.
>>>

> ed,
>
> I'm running IE6 under wine for quite some time now. IIRC I've installed
> IE manually. Tried IES4Linux before and found it too difficult to patch
> as it's too Linux'ish (heavily Linux specific bash install scripts needs
> _a lot_ of tweaking).
>
> You may find instructions for installation on the net. Make sure, you're
> using latest wine and set the environment to Win98 for IE. Running such
> a crappy tool (IE) under FreeBSD seems to be braindead, but there are
> situations where there's no other way. BTW, check licensing issues first.

Thanks, Volker.  I agree with the part about brain dead but here you =20
can't access many government forms with out it.  Governments aren't =20
usually recognized for their technological brilliance.

I'm assuming that you are using only the executable because I have =20
tried to download, unpack and install it windows style and it didn't =20
want to cooperate.

This should be better than IES4Linux that I haven't got going yet.  It =20
seems to want a newer wine and I'm running wine-1.1.2,1 and have't =20
continued to investigate.

I'll give an IE6 executable a try.

Thanks again,

ed