Date:      Tue, 22 Jun 1999 05:00:34 PDT
From:      N.N.M <madrapour@hotmail.com>
To:        mwlucas@exceptionet.com, madrapour@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question: Preventing Smurf

Thanks for your reply. That is the point: I disable net.inet.icmp.bmcastecho
(=0) on a freebsd box with the IP, i.e. x.x.11.18. But when I use broadcast
ping (ping x.x.11.255) on another pc (i.e. x.x.11.17) on the same Ethernet,
the first machine which is not supposed to reply to the ping, will reply! So
I thought I might need another thing to disable that or maybe using
broadcast ping on the same Ethernet isn't a good way to test it or ......
Any idea?

Nazila M.