Date:      Thu, 2 Aug 2001 14:31:28 +1000 (EST)
From:      Tony Maher <tonym@angis.org.au>
To:        ronneilc@remingtonltd.com
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make buildworld

> I'm new here.
> I am using Freebsd 4.3. I just cvsup the ports and stable-supfile.

This week is not a good week to cvsup (especially if you are new) due to
the large number of commits before code freeze for next release.

> --------snippet-------
> cc -nostdinc -O -pipe   -Wall -Wformat   -I/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include
> -W
> -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith
> -Wno-uninitialize
> d -Werror -Wreturn-type -Wcast-qual -Wwrite-strings -Wswitch -Wshadow  -c
> /usr/s
> rc/bin/chmod/chmod.c

I get:

cc1: warnings being treated as errors
In file included from /usr/src/bin/chmod/chmod.c:53:
/usr/obj/usr/src/i386/usr/include/fts.h:48: warning: function declaration
isn't a prototype

> So how would I fix this error?

It looks like someone needs to MFC r1.4 for src/include/fts.h
Its probably already on a someones todo list.

Best solution is to wait till friday when things should have settled down
and re-cvsup and try again then.

tonym