Date:      Tue, 23 Aug 2005 10:28:13 -0400
From:      "Sherman, Michael \(GE Energy\)" <michael.sherman@og.ge.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   DVD image making utility, equivalent to mkisofs

Good day all!

I've been trying to get mkisofs to create a DVD image for me on my =
FreeBSD (5.3) machine, in order to be able to burn it on Nero (Windows =
2000). The utility does create an ISO image rather quickly, however when =
I open it with Nero, the program refuses to recognize it as a DVD image, =
despite the size being way over 700 MB. Here's script snipped I am using =
to do it.

if mkisofs -V $1 -o ~/backup/$1.iso -R -J ~/mydata
then
    echo "$1.iso was created successfully at " `date`
else
    echo "mkisofs failed to create an ISO image!"
fi

Does anyone know whether there is a way to force mkisofs to create a DVD =
image or a different utility. Any input would be appreciated.
Michael