Date:      Sun, 2 Dec 2007 13:35:38 -0500
From:      Chess Griffin <chess@chessgriffin.com>
To:        "Pandy, James R SGT NG NG FORSCOM" <james.pandy@us.army.mil>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: laptop

--Kj7319i9nmIyA2yE

* Pandy, James R SGT NG NG FORSCOM <james.pandy@us.army.mil> [2007-12-02 10=
:04:41]:

> Hello
>=20
> How is it going.
>=20
> I'm geting ready to go over to Iraq on Dec 6th.
>=20
> I've used Linux for a few years now. A frind of mine sead that he would s=
et up a laptop for me with FreeBSD as soon as I pick one up.  I will not us=
e MicroSoft WinBlows
>=20
> I looking to do mostly games on it but I'll also use it for the net and o=
ther things.
>=20
> If you were me what laptop would you look for. I'm thinking of the P4 typ=
e mabe a dule cord, around $700 to $1000 on ebay.
>=20
> If you need to get ahold of my here is 2 e-mail address:
>=20
> james.pandy@us.army.mil
> lonewolfen359@yahoo.com
>=20

I have a Thinkpad T42 and X40, both of which run FreeBSD 7.0-BETA3
extremely well.  The Atheros wifi cards in both machines are also well
supported.

Good luck-
Chess

--=20