Date:      Tue, 31 Aug 1999 23:53:31 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Ken Seggerman <suleyman@echonyc.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   user PPP only works for root

I am running FreeBSD 3.1 on a Pentium 486 machine, and have the user ppp
that came with the release (PPP Version 2.0 - $Date: 1998/12/14 01:15:34)

It no longer says "User Process PPP. Writen by Toshiaru OHNO."

I have been using user ppp for some time now, but have only recently
tried to break the habit of doing everthing as root, but still have to su
to use ppp.

I have added an allow users line in my /etc/ppp/ppp.conf

default:
 allow user suleyman
 set speed 115200
 set device /dev/cuaa0

I have changed the permissions for /usr/sbin/ppp, /dev/tun0, and
/dev/cuaa0 still I get the following

$ ppp
Working in interactive mode
Warning: No available tunnel devices found (Permission denied).
Warning: bundle_Create: No such file or directory

Any suggestions would be most welcome.