Date:      Sun, 2 Apr 2000 17:39:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com>
To:        FreeBSD Multimedia <freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   USB cameras compatible with FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE?

I'd like to get a webcam set up on my FreeBSD webserver.  Unfortunately,
while shopping around I discovered that most of the current crop of
cameras are USB based.  I know the USB support has improved a lot in
FreeBSD 4.0-RELEASE, but I'm still not sure if any USB cameras are
supported.

Does anyone know if a USB camera can be gotten to work in 4.0-RELEASE?  If
so, what manufacturer/model should I buy?

Unfortunately this machine has very little else in terms of free
resources (both parallel ports and PCI slots are pretty much
maxed out), otherwise I'd go buy a Color QuickCam or something.

Thanks!
--
Donald Burr <dburr@borg-cube.com> Resistance is Futile | FreeBSD: The
WWW: http://www.borg-cube.com/  ICQ: UIN#16997506      | Power to