Date:      Sun, 11 Apr 1999 00:55:41 +0100
From:      David Goddard <goddard@acm.org>
To:        chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   A wee bit of advice

Hi,

I'm after some advice :-)

I've done little real coding since leaving university <ahem> a few years back
(having, sadly, taken a more suit-like career path) but would like to get back
into it.  I guess you could call me a born-again newbie (not that I was ever
a *guru* exactly)...

Specifically, I'd like to code in an area that interests me - such as FreeBSD
(system or applications - I'm flexible), where I've been a happy user for a
number of years but not exactly contributed much.  I've read the relevant
section of the handbook, with the todo lists &c., but I'm still at a bit of
a loss for where to start - having trouble seeing the wood from the trees I
think...

Any tips (such as ideas for a project, anecdotes or pointers to some good
texts on systems programming)?

Thanks,

Dave

--
David Goddard  ~  goddard@acm.org  ~  http://freeweb.ftech.net/dmg
Some mornings it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps