Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 1999 17:47:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jeff <jeff@cc602670-a.flrtn1.occa.home.com>
To:        SBenjamin@quest.com (Scott Benjamin)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Re: Mail programs

Reply To: iratus@home.com

> I'm trying to do some research on mail programs, and I would like your help.
> I know that there are a bunch of mail programs out there on the net, but
> what are some of the "BETTER" ones and why?
>
> Thanks
>
> Scott
>
> ----
> "Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"
> 						 -- Rich Kulawiec

Hello-The issue of mail programs is touchy and prone to vast and largely
unproductive argumentation-SO THIS IS ONLY MY PERSONAL OPINION-No flames
please-I use (and have used) Elm as a command line mail user agent for
years now and find it easy to configure, integrates well with PGP-262 (and
with 5.0i with patches) and in general very reliable-In X I really like
XFMail-the same things can be said for it as for Elm-It is really a
personal choice-The ports and/or packages gives you many choices-Try a
few and go with the one that gets the job done for you with a minimum of
hassle-Good Luck  jeff phillips