Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 17:40:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Benjamin Tomhave <tomhavbe@martin.luther.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   NT ported: take 2

I apparently did not ask my question correctly.  I am running Windows NT
3.51 Workstation.  The file system is NTFS.  I am fully aware that FreeBSD
and NetBSD are independent operating systems.  Duh!  Seeing as I'm running
FreeBSD on a machine already and am an administrator on several other
machines, I think I would know that.  What my question was is whether or
not tere are any utils. similar to fips which will allow a non-destructive
partitioning of a harddrive w/ NTFS on it and then also I wanted to know
if anybody has had success porting an NTFS partition.  I realize that the
second questions is probably yes as both Free and Net BSD simply install
their own file systems over it.  However, does the boot manager allow a
choice of booting to WinNT (I know you can boot into DOS/Windows)? These
are the questions I meant to ask.  Next time I will make a better effort
to accurately articulate my question.

-ben

    Benjamin Tomhave		|   Shell to DOS...Come in DOS...Do you Copy?
    Luther College		|
    Decorah, IA 52101		|   $ rm * .*    "Hey, where'd everything go?
    tomhavbe@martin.luther.edu  |