Date:      Sun, 8 Jul 2001 20:10:57 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
To:        Bsdguru@aol.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

On Sun, Jul 08, 2001 at 12:29:03PM -0400, Bsdguru@aol.com wrote:

> >  Luckily, with this post to the mailing list you can join the ranks of doing
> >  nothing positive for the project. Congrats!
> >
> I seriously doubt if I am the only one who is beyond disappointed in BSDI's
> "contribution" to FreeBSD.

I actually made detailed replies to each of your points individually but
trashed them when I realized they could all be simplified into one:

	You are a troll and a cluebie.

Having said that, post-WC BSDi funded and supported more things then you
obviously are aware of.  You may want to do a little more research until
you accuse them of being anything but positive for the project. For every
point you just accused them of being absent and non-beneficial I can name
multiple major contributions they funded, supported with people, or flat
out donated.

--
Bill Fumerola / billf@FreeBSD.org

ps. at least they didn't IPO and lose so much money on hype that they were sued.
pps. I never worked for: Walnut Creek CDROM, BSDi, or WindRiver.