Date:      Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:23:29 -0600
From:      Dave Littell <davidl@efficient.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   pccard.conf entry for multiport serial?

Hi!

Does anyone have a working pccard.conf entry for a multiport serial
card?  There's mention of support for some multiport serial cards on the
PAO website, but I can't find a pccard.conf entry anywhere to even start
experimenting.

By the way, FreeBSD 2.2.8 seems to run just fine on an NEC Versa SX
(installed from the CD-ROM).  As always, X was "fun" to configure, but
the trick seemed to be to use 16 bpp instead of 24.  My Ethernet card
(3COM Megahertz 3CXE589ET) needed the following pccard.conf entry to
find an unused IRQ:

# 3Com Etherlink III 3CXE589ET
card "3Com" "Megahertz 589E"
        config  0x1 "ep0" 11