Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 04:15:04 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        <andrew@ugh.net.au>
Cc:        "(ML) FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: poppassd

From: andrew@ugh.net.au
>On Wed, 30 Jul 1997, Troy Settle wrote:
>
>> The password gets changed, but there is no further response from
poppassd.

>You need to get a newer version of poppasd...I beleive the one from
>current works. Otherwise it may still be in the incoming directory as
>poppassd-2.2.tar.gz. The poppassd in the ports collection for
2.2.anything
>dosnt work.

thanks, I found it in the incoming directory, and it works great.

However, a thought crossed my mind while looking at the source.  Isn't
fgets() a potential problem for a program that's running as root?  Wouldn't
it be possible for an overflow on this?  If so, how would I rewrite the
following line to prevent buffer overflows?

fgets(line, BUFSIZE, stdin);

Thanks for the help,

Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services
http://www.i-Plus.net