Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:07:57 +0100
From:      "Jonathan" <jonathan@sirtis.org.uk>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Help with install - full disk

Hi all,

Hope someone can help me here. I'm on a remote installation site so I
don't have much reference to hand, but a willing friend who is going to
read any replies that might be appearing!

I'm trying to talk someone through a remote install - from 4.8 floppies.
We're seeing a problem I've had in the past, but with trying to relay
the message on a dodgy phone line and walking from phone to computer,
it's taking a while to try the options.

When trying to go through a normal installation, on committing the
changes for installation, the installer is trying to install to the
memory disk, not the hard drive, so fills up on install.

It's certainly not a disk problem, it's the memory it's writing to.

I've seen it a few times and never worked out the trigger for it.

Can someone point my friend at a FAQ entry they can read out to me?

TIA,

Jonathan