Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:50:28 -0500
From:      fci <ces.fci@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   samba / hard drive issues

this box is only going to be running ssh and samba.
I setup three drives, 1 for the OS and 1 for the primary samba share,
and the other to backup the primary nightly.
when I would copy files from the primary to the backup I would get an
error similar to this:
"Warning - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retry request)"

so I did some googling and found disabling DMA might fix it (in
loader.conf I added hw.ata.ata_dma=3D"0")

now I get this error about every 10mins:
inetd[473]: netbios-ns/udp: bind: Address already in use
inetd[473]: netbios-ssn/tcp: bind: Address already in use