Date:      Wed, 20 Aug 2008 00:50:27 +0100
From:      RW <fbsd06@mlists.homeunix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Fetching precompiled packages for external install

On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 23:50:51 +0200
Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de> wrote:

> On Tue, 19 Aug 2008 14:39:48 -0400, Lowell Gilbert
> <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org> wrote:
> > I don't see anything direct, but the *-depends-list targets will
> > probably get you close enough to work it out.
>
> Sorry, I don't know what "*-depends-list targets" refers to. But
> I think it's something about the ports which I don't want to use,
> instead, using the precompiled packages is what I wanted to.

It's not about building from ports, it's about using the ports tree to
infer the runtime dependencies. You would recurse through "make
run-depends-list" doing  a make -V PKGNAME in each directory. If you
don't mind downloading some build dependencies you can just do a "make
all-depends-list", which is already recursive.

If you use the release port tree and the release package repository,
the package versions will all match-up.