Date:      Mon, 23 Jul 2001 21:30:41 -0400
From:      User & Ian Patrick Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
To:        "G. Jason Middleton" <gmiddl1@gl.umbc.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: boot disks not working

As it was put forth by G. Jason Middleton on Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 06:19:15PM -0400...
> yes i have that disk as well...it does not even get that far before it
> craps out.
>

> Is there anything I have to do special for a Pentium Pro install?  On SCSI
> hard drives?
>

> Jason
>
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, User & Ian Patrick Thomas wrote:
>
> > As it was put forth by G. Jason Middleton on Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 02:00:14PM -0400...
> > > I have created mutiple kern.flp disks using fdimage
> > >
> > > fdimage kern.flp a:
> > >
> > > and when i boot from them i keeop getting this error:
> > >
> > > can't load module '/kernel': no such file or directory
> > >

> > > Any ideas what this could be?  The flppies are good.  and i have tried
> > > downloading it from the 4.2 and 4.3 releases and keep getting the same
> > > error.
> > >
> > > Any help would be great!
> > >
> > > Jason
> > >

> > > G. Jason Middleton
> >
> > 	Did you also get mfsroot.flp?  I think it's kern.flp first and then
> > mfsroot.flp.  It's been a while so I could be wrong.
> >
> > Ian
> >

> G. Jason Middleton

	First, try to do a full format of the floppy and try fdimage again.
Second, are you using the 1.44 image or the 1.2 image?  1.44 is the one you
want.  I guess, last is to burn an ISO and boot from that.  Of course this
is assuming that you have a CD burner and a decent download speed.  One
more thing, maybe download the file again and check to see if the size you
get matches the size listed at the ftp site.

Ian